Skyes Class Action
- A class action lawsuit against Sykes Inc. alleges that the company improperly collected debts from residents in New York, improperly froze bank accounts, and illegally garnish wages
- Any claims in the Sykes class action suit must be submitted online by August 7, 2019
- Every class member who files an eligible claim and who had money taken from them by LR Credit will receive a minimum of $100, and could potentially receive much more
A new class suit alleges that the Sykes company improperly collected debts from citizens of New York by using fraudulent practices to initiate debt collection lawsuits. The defendants in this lawsuit though allege that Sykes never gave notice they were serving a lawsuit, made sworn statements to New York residents that a lawsuit had been filed when it really had not, made statements to a court that they were sure a plaintiff owed a debt when they were not really sure, and entered judgements that allowed Sykes to garnish wages, freeze bank accounts, and more.
Read about: How To Make Money Online For Free
Both Sykes and the plaintiffs in this law suit allege that the other party is in the wrong, but both sides have agreed to settle out of court.
Contacting Skyes Class Action
- PO Box 3145, Portland, OR 97208-3145
- 877-868-0034 (Toll-Free)
- Or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When calling the toll-free number please call from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. est
on Monday – Friday except major holidays
A final settlement hearing will be held on August 11, 2019. Any settlement checks from Sykes will be distributed within 30 days of the court’s final approval. All approved settlement will be for at least $100, and could be for more, depending on how many eligible claims are received.
If claimants in this case receive more money back than that initially paid to LR Credit, a 1099 tax form will be issued for the difference, and the recipient will be responsible for paying taxes on that amount. The courts warn that any payment received could potentially affect the ability to receive benefits like public assistance and SSI.