- A recent class action lawsuit filed against United Recovery Systems alleges that URS violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act by having a “URS Number” and QR code available through the clear window of letters that were mailed to clients
- Customers who received a debt collection notice from URS that had this information visible may be eligible to receive payment from this class action suit
- URS denies any wrongdoing in this case, but has agreed to settle out of court to avoid having to pay for a lengthy court case
Any customer who got a debt notice in the mail from United Recovery Systems may be eligible to receive free compensation thanks to a new class action lawsuit. The URS lawsuit claims that sensitive customer information like Social Security number and date of birth could be accessed by a code that was visible in the envelope window. URS argues that no customer information could be found through that number, but has settled this case out of court anyway.
Read about: How To Make Money Online For Free
URS Settlement Comments
- To be eligible to receive compensation from the URS class action lawsuit, customers will need to complete and submit a valid claim online or through the mail
- Write to Ebner v. United Recovery Systems Claims Administrator, 1801 Market Street, Suite 660 Philadelphia, PA 19103
- For any questions about the lawsuit via phone please dial (215) 364-5030
A final approval hearing in the class action lawsuit against URS will be held August 7, 2019, and if the judge approves the settlement (it’s expected to be easily approved), checks from URS will be mailed out to eligible claimants within two weeks. If people want to mail a claim in, the claim in the URS class action suit must be received by August 16, 2019.
How much will customers get from the URS lawsuit?
URS has agreed to pay a total of $500,000 in settlement funds, which will be distributed among all eligible claims, so the end total for each customer depends on how many claims are received.