Sprint Refund PSMS
- Discover more details in regards to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau v. Sprint Corporation lawsuit
- This is considered a class action lawsuit and is case number 14-cv-09931
- The settlement hearing date has passed (05/12/2015) but claimants will have until 12/31/2015 to file a claim
Sprint Refund PSMSclass action lawsuit essentially revolves around unauthorized third-party service charges (or so class members claim) by Sprint. Sprint denies all actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle to get out of an annoying drawn out trail. This is not the first time (not the last) that a class action lawsuit has arisen as a result of unauthorized third-party charges by premium SMS companies.
Read about: How To Make Money Online For Free
Sprint Premium Class Action SMS Settlement Talking Points
- The Sprint Refund lawsuit was filed in December 2014 (a settlement was determined quickly for a class action lawsuit… less than a year)
- Class members claim Sprint violated the Consumer Financial Protection Act
- Sprint will be represented by MCGUIREWOODS LLP
- The case is ongoing in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Class members may receive a one-time $7.00 refund payment if they were “prepaid consumers”
- Sprint “postpaid consumers” are eligible for FULL refunds according to settlement documents
- A copy of the Sprint proposed consent order document with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is available in PDF format
- Kurtzman Carson Consultants will be in charge of all settlement related issues
Who can actually file a claim in the Sprint Refund PSMS case?
Class members are defined as ““Current and former Sprint postpaid and prepaid customer account holders (Sprint customers) who paid for unauthorized third-party PSMS charges after August 1, 2010 and who did not receive a credit for those charges may apply for refunds.”
Any questions about the lawsuit can be directed to Sprint Government Restitution Plan Administrator, P.O. Box 43364, Providence, RI 02940-3364 or by phone at 1-877-389-8787. Please DO NOT contact Sprint about the lawsuit as potential claimants will be refered to the lawsuit administrator page.