Rockford Distribution Fund
- Rockford Funding Group has agreed to a settlement in a class action suit brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Clients who invested funds with Rockford between March and November of 2009 are potential claimants.
- The SEC found that Rockford obtained millions dollars in a deliberately fraudulent manner, effectively stealing from hundreds of customers. At the time it was soliciting clients, Rockford claimed it was one of the most established investment firms in the country – even though it was just a few years old.
According to the lawsuit, the SEC found that Rockford was essentially running a Ponzi scheme. In other words, Rockford was funding clients’ accounts using the money of new investors.
- In order to claim compensation, settlement members must
- Settlement members must submit a claim form if they wish to receive compensation. It is the responsibility of the settlement members to ensure their claim forms are received.
- The deadline is coming up quickly. Class members must submit a claim by 10 August 2019.
If you file to receive a payout under this class action settlement, you relinquish your right to sue Rockford yourself. Once you accept your pay, you cannot bring your own suit against Rockford to recover any damages relating to this incident.
How to File
- Settlement members must obtain a claim form online at rockforddistribution.com
- Claim forms must be sent via mail. At this time, there is no way to submit a form online
- Make sure you submit proof of your investments along with your claim form.
- Claim forms must be mailed to the following address: SEC v Rockford Funding Group, LLC, et al. c/o Analytics, P.O. Box 2002, Chanhassen, MN 55317
Claimants can expect to receive compensation funds in early 2019. If you have any questions or have trouble filing a claim, contact the claims administrator.