- Obtain more information about the class action lawsuit against the J.C. Penney Corporation
- The lawsuit is entitled Cynthia E. Spann v. J.C. Penney Corporation, Inc.
- The case is in the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Central District of California
The JCPenney Settlement will be heard by U.S. District Judge Fernando Olguin. Class members who file valid claims will be represented by attorneys Matthew J. Zevin and Derek J. Emge at no charge (please note the attorneys will receive a percent of the settlement pot). Mr. Zevin represents the law firm of Stanley Law Group and Mr. Emge comes form the prestigious Emge Firm, LLP. Class members in the JCPenney Settlement case claim that JCPenney engaged in a scheme of false price comparison advertising in the years 2012, 2013, and 2014.
Read about: How To Make Money Online For Free
JCPenney Settlement Comments
- A fairness hearing will take place on 8/25/16 at 10:00 a.m (class members are NOT required to attend)
- JCPenney has agreed to a 50 million dollar settlement even though they claim they have done no wrong
- Attorney fees, first pay notice, and administrative costs will not exceed $2,667,000 (the remaining cash will be distributed to JC Penney settlement class members)
- Class members can pick between a JC Penney store credit or a cash payment (if the class members picks the JCPenney store credit it will equal the value of the cash payment)
Class members in the JCPenney Settlement case are defined as anyone who between August 5, 2010 and August 31, 2012, or between August 1, 2013, and August 31, 2014 purchased from JCPenney one or more private or exclusive branded items of apparel or accessories advertised at a discount of at least 30% off the stated “original” or “regular” price. In order to qualify for a settlement the class member must file a claim before 6/31/16. Cynthia E. Spann v. J.C. Penney Corporation, Inc. claim forms are available online or class members can dial 855-731-7497 to have one sent via US mail.