- American Express Rewards Members customers can use their AmEx points to rent a car from Avis and pay nothing out of pocket
- A maximum of 3 certificates may be applied to one Avis rental, a maximum value of $400
- Renters under the age of 25 can rent an Avis car with American Express rewards points, but they may need to pay out of pocket insurance charges
To use Avis AMEXMR rewards points to rent a car from Avis, customers just need to check rates and availability first, then enter the date, time and location they’re looking to rent to see what vehicles are eligible and how much they’ll cost. Next, Avis renters just need to complete the “American Express Membership Rewards” redemption process to get their Avis rental certificate.
Read about: How To Make Money Online For Free
Avis AMEXMR Comments
- When customers get this certificate number from American Express, they just enter their dates and times again (along with location), and finish the rental process
- Customers who rent frequently from Avis may want to sign up for an “Avis Wizard” account, which saves their personal information, so it doesn’t need to be entered each time they rent
How to cancel an Avis reservation when it was paid for with AmEx points
To change or even cancel an existing Avis reservation that was made with American Express rewards points, customers will need to enter their last name and the confirmation number they received at the time of booking. Any Avis cancellation that is being made within 48 hours of car pickup time will need to be made over the phone. When the reservation is canceled by Avis, the points will be returned to the American Express rewards account within 5 business days.
To contact Avis about an American Express Membership Rewards reservation:
- Please dial toll free 1-800-962-1434
- Write to P.O. Box 699000 Tulsa, OK 74169-9000