DCFS LA GOV CAFE
- Login to LA Cafe to manage or apply for food stamps in the state of Louisiana
- You must log in to your LA Cafe at least once every six months to keep your password active
- LA Cafe can also be used to check the status of your benefits with the state of Louisiana
The state of Louisiana’s Department of Child and Family Services operates several of the state’s community benefit and assistance programs that are designed to help Louisiana residents in need.
Read about: How To Make Money Online For Free
To make applying for benefits or managing your accounts easier, Louisiana has an online “Common Access Front End” (or Cafe) system set up. Through the LA Cafe system, you can manage an apply for programs like Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP or formerly food stamps), Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP), the Kinship Care Subsidy Program (KCSP), Child Support Enforcement Services, and Louisiana Combined Application Project (LaCAP).
Here’s a breakdown of everything that you can apply for through LA Cafe:
- (LaCAP): A food assistance program specifically designed for Louisiana residents who are 60 and older, and receive Supplemental Security Income
- (KCSP): A program that provides cash assistance for children who are living with someone that is not their legal parent
- Child Support Enforcement Services: A program that provides paternity services, in addition to helping with child support orders (and collection plus distribution of applicable child support payments)
- Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP): A program that gives temporary cash assistance to low income families that need assistance with their children
- SNAP: Commonly called “food stamps,” this program provides benefits to assist low income households with buying much needed food
Depending on what benefits you’re applying for, and your specific circumstances, LA Cafe estimates that it will take about an hour to apply for benefits.
To contact LA Cafe:
- 627 N. Fourth St., Baton Rouge, LA 70802
How do I reset my La Cafe password?
LA CAFE Password Reset The first step to retrieving your password is to visit the LA CAFE login page and click on the “Forgot Password?” link. You will then be taken to a page where you will be required to enter your User ID to retrieve your Password as shown in the image below.
How do I apply for emergency food stamps in Louisiana?
To get emergency SNAP benefits, go to your local DTA office. You will fill out the food stamps application and meet with a caseworker. If you are getting emergency SNAP benefits, DTA must give you SNAP benefits no later than seven days after they receive your application.
What is the food stamp income limit?
If your household only consists of one person, then the gross monthly income to be eligible for SNAP is ,287 (net 0). For two people, gross is ,726 (net ,335). The numbers increase from there. Find out if you are eligible for any deductions.
What is the food stamp income limit in Louisiana?
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)Household SizeMaximum Gross Monthly Eligibility Standard165% Maximum Income Limits1,307,6592,760,2333,213,8084,665,3835 more rowsSupplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) | Department of ...www.dss.louisiana.gov › ...